Mary's Musings

After I swore I wouldn't fall prey to yet another time sinking distraction... Here I am. Blogging! And I thought EBAY was bad!

Friday, March 03, 2006

Some days, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.....




You Are Animal



A complete lunatic, you're operating on 100% animal instincts.

You thrive on uncontrolled energy, and you're downright scary.

But you sure can beat a good drum.

"Kill! Kill!"



Thanks to Dennie for having the Muppet test on her blog~ I was wondering why I was having such an awful day. Has to be the hair!





Okay, so here's my morning thus far. With my job-I have some "On Call" days. Which means, I sit at home and wait for them to call me into work. They do pay me to do this, so I can't complain. I'm sure this practice isn't unheard of. So today, I'm on call. But if my day keeps up at this rate, I might be in traction and if they call, I won't be able to answer.

At 6AM:

Get out of bed when alarm goes off. Trip over man's slipper, stumble into dresser and knock my perfume bottles all over.

Scream obscenity as perfume runs all over antique wood, down front of drawers and onto carpet.

While running for towel-I trip over dog. Animal cannot understand why I'm in frenzy and thinks I want to play.

Stub toe on linen closet frame.

Scream even fouler obsenity-several times. Scare dog-who promptly pees on carpet.

Toe aching, I limp over to dresser and attempt to clean up disaster. Perfume reeks-I'm lightheaded.

Manage to clean up mess, put on robe-enter kitchen where I attempt to pour myself a much needed cup of coffee. At least Man made java before he went to work at o'dawn-thirty.

Drop teaspoon on floor-lean down to pick it up and wack my forhead on the silverware drawer because I haven't closed it yet as a result of being lightheaded and in major need of caffeine.

Can't scream obscenity, as ability to speak is hampered by pain.

Sit down on floor and contemplate crying. Dog licks my face to remind me that I have pee to clean up. Deal with that instead of crying.

Calm down, get over it, open pantry in need of cereal. Food, as always, usually will suffice any temper.

Discover that CEREAL THEIVING MAN MUST HAVE EATEN LAST BIT OF CAPTAIN CRUNCH!!! Nothing but oatmeal left that even resembles a breakfast type meal, and in my present state of mind, boiling water is out of the question. The bastard even ate the last banana!

Obscenities fly again!

Furious, I open tin of chocolate covered pecans thinking that the Breakfast of champions is grossly overated. Dig in.

Stand in pantry-alone, shoveling handfuls of candy into my mouth until I resemble a squirrel.

Realize that pecans are also coated in liquor as well as chocolate and I'm on call today. Random Alcohol testing does happen in my profession. Nearly choke.

Spit out pecans.

On floor.


Okay, so does anyone see a pattern here???????

3 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Denise McDonald said…

    I'm not laughing ... hehehehehe ... really I swear ... hehehehehe ... I don't mean to laugh ... hehehehehehe ... Oh Mary -

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Sandy J said…

    I am not laughing either!
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahah!
    Yes, I am!!!

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said…

    LOL ... Mary, you crack me up! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home